St. Thomas Episcopal Church
The church attended by the Taylors. The original church was on land at Meadowfarm before this church was built in Orange. The original church was demolished.
Front of St. Thomas–notice the rose window above the front door
The tree on the left is where Gen. Robert E. Lee tied his horse while attending chrurch here.
Robert E. Lee tree
Plaque on brick wall next to tree
Bricks at the front door from the original church at Meadowfarm
Rose window donated by the early Taylors from the original church which was at Meadowfarm
Home of Col. George & Rachael (Gibson) Taylor. The original home still exists, but it has been added to over the years so it is actually inside the present house.
front of Midland (sorry about the tree)
Entrance to Midland
1897 front view from Wm. Kyle Anderson’s book
Side view of Midland in 1897 from Wm. Kyle Anderson’s book Donald Robertson & his wife Rachel Rogers . . .
Front of Midland
Home of Erasmus & Jane (Moore) Taylor. The original home burned, but the out buildings are original.
The original kitchen
Entrance to Greenfield
Front view of house